httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leon Vergottini <le...@cornerstone.ac.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Load Balancing - 2 Active nodes & 1 Inactive until threshold
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:08:28 GMT
Dear Community

I currently have a setup similar to the one below for load balancing.

ProxyPass / balancer://something/ stickysession=JSESSIONID
<Proxy balancer://something>
  BalancerMember ajp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:11009 route=node1
  BalancerMember ajp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:12009 route=node2
  BalancerMember ajp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:13009 route=node3
</Proxy>

With this setup, traffic is divided equally between the three nodes.  However, I would like
traffic to be handled only by the first two nodes and node3 only comes into play when a threshold
has been reached.  For example lets say I reached a 100 connections then node 3 gets activated
and the traffic is spread across the three nodes.

I had a look at the loadfactor option and my understanding is that all nodes are active all
the time within the cluster, unless I have miss something or misunderstood the option.

How will I go about setting up the configuration I have in mind, if it is possible?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
Leon