httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Girolimon <ggiroli...@goffstown.k12.nh.us>
Subject [users@httpd] OSX Apache virtual host issue
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:34:17 GMT
I have a Joomla 3 install running on an Apple Intel XServe running Mac OSX 10.6. I built the
site in a directory in the web root (virtual_site) and when the site was ready I pointed a
name-based virtual host to that directory. The site MOSTLY comes up when you go to the host
name, but there are some issues. For example some of the graphics from the attachments module
do not load, and the admin interface is blank when viewed via the virtual host (although if
you view source on the blank page there is code there). You can get to the admin interface
via the path from the web root (mywebroot.com/virtual_site/administrator). Same with the missing
graphics.

This might shed some light on what is happening...

If I go to http://myvirtualhost.com/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/pdf.gif

I get a 400: Unimplemented Method error.

http://mywebroot.com/virtual_site/media/com_attachments/images/file_icons/pdf.gif

I get the correct file.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gary