httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kurtis Rader <kra...@skepticism.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: CGI environment variables different between 2.2 and 2.4?
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:57:03 GMT
On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion, Kurt, but I appreciate your look and
> analysis.  Shall I file the bug, or would it be better coming from
> you.

You should open the issue since I have no special relationship with the
project. I was simply intrigued by your problem and therefore spent a few
minutes looking at the code. I would recommend filing at least two issues.
Speaking as a software engineer I dislike bug reports that are overly
broad. I would recommend opening an issue regarding the mod_cgi
documentation not being clear about what is passed to the subprocess. I
would open a second issue asking that the documentation make it clear when
directives like DocumentRoot have the side effect of setting an environment
variable.

--
Kurtis Rader