httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and Wordpress file permissions options
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:41:53 GMT

On 08/11/2015 12:43 PM, Rose, John B wrote:
> We are using Apache 2.2, so we are using prefork.
>
> So no problems using PHp-fpm and prefork on Apache 2.2?

php-fpm is a separate service from apache httpd. Requests are proxied
from Apache httpd to php-fpm. So while it doesn't matter which MPM
you're running on the front-end server (or, indeed, if you're running
Apache httpd at all), we do rather strongly recommend that you 1)
upgrade to 2.4 if at all possible, and 2) don't use prefork unless
there's some compelling reason to do so. In the old days, the compelling
reason to use prefork was that you were using it in conjunction with
mod_php, which had possible threading problems (to oversimplify). If
you're using php-fpm instead of using mod_php, then there's really no
reason any more to use prefork.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon