httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ravikiran Chaulwar <ravikiran.chaul...@elab.abudhabi.ae>
Subject [users@httpd] Upgrade of Apache (Minor Version)
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 04:48:20 GMT
Dear Team,

We are planning to upgrade our apache web server in production from 2.2.15 to 2.2.24. According
to the documentation below steps are described - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html

To upgrade across minor versions, start by finding the file config.nice in the build directory
of your installed server or at the root of the source tree for your old install. This will
contain the exact configure command line that you used to configure the source tree. Then
to upgrade from one version to the next, you need only copy the config.nice file to the source
tree of the new version, edit it to make any desired changes, and then run:

$ ./config.nice
$ make
$ make install
$ PREFIX/bin/apachectl -k graceful-stop
$ PREFIX/bin/apachectl -k start

Unfortunately we could not find config.nice in our web server directory or machine. Could
you please let us know any other feasible solutions to achieve this challenge.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ravikiran