httpd-users mailing list archives

From ScuzzyEye <apache-l...@lists.scuzzyeye.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Deny, Allow with Apache 2.4
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:04:12 GMT
I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to convert an Apache 2.2
access rule to 2.4.

What I'm doing in 2.2 is pretty simple:

order deny,allow
deny from 192.168.1.0/24
deny from 192.168.2.0/24
allow from 192.168.1.12

So denying some sub-nets, but allowing one IP in that range, and the
rest of the world.

All the rule conversion examples I see for 2.4 are assuming the
deny,allow order is being used to deny from all, and then allowing a
small number of hosts or IPs. Even with general examples, the case of
denying a few masked IP ranges, and then allowing a part of that range
doesn't seem to be covered, and I nothing I've tried works. The single
granted IP never seems to picked up, but is instead swallowed by the
larger denied range.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Chris