httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Webb" <rw...@ropeguru.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:44:38 GMT
1. Download lastest version that matches your Visual Studio Version from
apachelounge.com
2. Stop your current apache service and exit the apache monitor if it is
running in the systray
3. Rename your Apache2.2 directory to Apache2.2old
4. Unzip the new version to the same location as the original Apache2.2
directory.
5. Delete the config and htdocs folder from the new version (And any other
folders that may have files in them changed by you).
6. Copy, from the old version, the same folders you deleted in step 5 to get
your modified files into the new version. (MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND NOT
CUT!!!!) You want the original Apache to stay intact in the renamed folder
from step 3.
7. Start the Apache service
8. Test

If the new version does not work and you need to roll back to the old
version, just shut down the apache service, delete the entire Apache2.2
folder, then rename the Apache2.2old folder back to Apache2.2, then restart
the Apache service.