httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard <lists-apa...@listmail.innovate.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache redirect q
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:16:33 GMT

> Date: Thursday, June 04, 2015 08:56:53 AM -0700
> From: K R <kp0773@gmail.com>
>
>> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Richard wrote:
>>
>> > Date: Thursday, June 04, 2015 08:35:34 AM -0700
>> > From: K R <kp0773@gmail.com>
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > need to setup a  rule for   below
>> >
>> > source - >  https://website1.com/prt/sell?yr=73
>> > target ->   https://website2.com/chn/hk/dg?yr=73
>> >

>> Start with the documentation, by looking at the
>> redirect/redirectmatch directives:
>>
>>   <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect>
>>

> I am able to redirect the  below ->
>
> source - >  http://website1.com/prt/sell?yr=73
> <https://website1.com/prt/sell?yr=73>
> target ->   https://website2.com/chn/hk/dg?yr=73
>
> but when the webserver receives call with https  it is not
> redirecting  . not able to figure out what I am missing

You need to make certain you have the redirect directives in the
appropriate sections of your config file(s), i.e., where SSL and
non-SSL connections are actually handled.

Without seeing your configuration (trimmed to just the relevant
bits) and what you are actually doing, it's hard to be specific.

[please do not top-post -- or at least keep the posting direction
consistent.]