httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard <lists-apa...@listmail.innovate.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache24 restrict director access by IP
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:27:24 GMT

------------ Original Message ------------
> Date: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 09:18:02 PM +0000
> From: Richard <lists-apache@listmail.innovate.net>
>

>> Date: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 02:11:55 PM -0700
>> From: Motty Cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to restrict access to joomla Administrator directory
>> by IP:
>># defese agains brute force attacks
>> <Directory "/administrator">
>>          order deny,allow
>>          Deny from all
>>          Require ip 192.168.1.65
>> </Directory>
>>
>> this code on httpd.conf is not stopping me from logging onto
>> www.site.com/administrator
>> any ideas?
>> I used this
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_authz_host.html
>>
>> Thanks
>> Motty
>>

> What you are showing are apache 2.2 access control directives.
> These changed with 2.4, so if you are using 2.4, as implied by your
> subject line, see the "Run-Time Configuration Changes" section of:
>
>   <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html>

Apologies (overlooked part of your directives) -- You have a mix of
2.2 and 2.4 directives. The "order" directives are 2.2, while
"require" are 2.4, so I suspect your directives aren't being parsed
correctly by your 2.4 environment. I think things are clearer in the
"upgrading" document than the one you referenced.