httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Rutledge <anthony_rutledge_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help. DSOs not being built from source? Apache 2.4.12 & CentOS 7 (x86_64)
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2015 02:36:29 GMT
Thanks for the reply, Jeff.
My source install is 100% scripted (bash), from using wget to download tarballs, extracting
the tarballs with tar, copying apr and apr-utils under ../srclib, and so on. However, the
first very  thing it does is delete all previous files that were installed. Would I still
need to do "make distclean". Here's my opening sequence (without decision logic or checking
the hash signature).

#!/usr/bin/bash
#
#Apache 2.4.12 Installer
#

echo -e "Changing to the downloads directory!\n\n"
cd ../downloads/
echo -e "Removing all previous tarballs, extracted sources, and main install directory.!\n\n"
rm -rfv httpd* apr* /usr/local/apache2

echo -e "Downloading APR (Apache Portable Runtime) 1.5.2\n\n"
wget http://ftp.wayne.edu/apache//apr/apr-1.5.2.tar.bz2

echo -e "Downloading APR-UTIL (Apache Portable Runtime Utilities) 1.5.4\n\n"
wget http://ftp.wayne.edu/apache//apr/apr-util-1.5.4.tar.bz2

echo -e "Downloading Apache HTTP Server 2.4.12\n\n"
wget http://ftp.wayne.edu/apache//httpd/httpd-2.4.12.tar.bz2

echo -e "Extracting APR 1.5.2\n\n"
tar -xjvf apr-1.5.2.tar.bz2

echo -e "Extracting APR-UTILS 1.5.4\n\n"
tar -xjvf apr-util-1.5.4.tar.bz2

echo -e "Extracting httpd-2.4.12\n\n"
tar -xjvf httpd-2.4.12.tar.bz2
echo -e "Compiling Apache HTTP Server 2.4.12\n\n"mkdir -v srclib/apr/ srclib/apr-util/
mv -v ../apr-1.5.2/* srclib/apr/
mv -v ../apr-util-1.5.4/* srclib/apr-util/

###Now, I'll try your configure combo./configure --enable-mods-shared=few --prefix=/tmp/test-config
> cfgout 2>&1 && make >makeout 2>&1 && make install >
installout 2>&1 && ./httpd -l && ./httpd -M
[running as I type]..
[Nothing yet]..
The output produced was the buttom half of a listing from httpd -M. Looks good,because there
are lines like
so_module (static)
unixd_module (shared)status_module(shared)

...which is great! The only significant difference between your configure sequence and mine
is the use of the --prefix=  option. I tried ./configure --enable-mods-shared=all (etc...),
but that did not work.
Could it be the --prefix option is that important?
Let's check for DSOs

ls -l /tmp/test-config//modules/*.so
Bada-bing, bada-boom. Alright, looks good.I'll do my regular configure stuff with --prefix=/usr/local/apache2
and follow up.
Thank you.
Anthony