httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frederik Nosi <frederik.n...@postecom.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] older version of php for a specific virtual host
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:06:00 GMT
Hi Giuseppe,

On 06/20/2015 12:12 PM, Giuseppe Battinelli wrote:
> Dear all,
> I need urgently your help.
> I've a web server windows server 2008 on which I installed wamp 2.4.9.
> Everything works fine and I manage several site through virtual hosts.
> Php version is 5.4.
> Problem is I have a old site (managed through virtual host) that needs
> php 5.3.8 to run (template doesn't work from 5.4.0 to upper).
> Is it possible give instruction to one virtual host to use another
> version of php?

Depends on how you're "connecting" Apache with PHP. There can be two ways:

1) Most probably you're using mod_php. i dont think it's possible to
have two versions of PHP in the same Apache instace as it works "in
proccess" with apache. In this case you can get around this limit having
two instances of Apache with each having a different version of mod_php,
and putting in front another Apache instance wich reverse proxies to the
other two based on the Virtual Host.

2) Apache with fastcgi, in this case you can use the same Apache
instance to serve requests to two different PHP pools independent of
eachother.

> If yes could you please post some code?

Depends on your config as i said before.

> Thanks

Frederik