httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozd...@nde.ag>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Documentation for /etc/sysconfig/httpd file
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 10:01:12 GMT
Hi Dirk,

Zitat von Dirk Devos <dirk.devos@usa.net>:
> I am confused. Based on the documentation on apache's website we
> need to use "apachectl" but in that module it says to use
> "apachectl". So what is the right place.

hm, looks identical to me ;) And on a random machine I picked to look
things up, it's "apache2ctl" :D

> I realize that the variables are different and that was done on
> purpose. I wanted to compare the two ways of assigning a value.

and what happens if you dynamically assign a value to the variable
that's currently working statically and vice versa?

To me it looks like you have to find out if either

a - it's a problem assigning the value (including finding the right
place to do so), which is more of a "shell programming" question, or

b - it's a problem of accessing the content of a shell variable from
where you're trying to do so (which might be an httpd question)

Regards,
Jens