httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Rutledge <anthony_rutledge_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] Help. DSOs not being built from source? Apache 2.4.12 & CentOS 7 (x86_64)
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:53:34 GMT
DSOs not being built from source? Apache 2.4.12 & CentOS 7 (x86_64)
This is a good question for those who are experts at installing Apache 2.4.12 from source.
First, no errors are being generated. My "configure, make, make install" sequence successfully
creates a /usr/local/apache2/ directory.Second, I have read the manual, poured over ./configure
-h, searched the web, and no where does there seem to be anyone experiencing the same problem
as me.No matter what  "configure --foo-bar" sequence/combination I use, the shared modules
are never built, or I cannot find them. I expect them to be under /usr/local/modules/, but
all I get are *.a and *.la files. Alright, gurus, what am I missing?
Again, no matter what configure sequence/combination I try, *.so (DSO) files are never built,
or I cannot find them.
apachectl -l does list mod_so as being compiled in statically.
(P.S. Also posted on: ServerFault at http://serverfault.com/questions/701992/apache-2-4-12-centos-7-dso-shared-modules-not-being-built-during-compile
)
Can someone explain why no DSO's are being built, or how to build at least one? Very strange.