httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Narne, Balakrishna (IT Consultant)" <BNa...@consultantemail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12 installation issue
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:01:49 GMT
Attached is the config.log file. Can you please look into it and suggest what went wrong?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard [mailto:lists-apache@listmail.innovate.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 6:18 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12 installation issue

<BNarne@consultantemail.com>

> I am trying to install Apache 2.4.12 on Red hat Linux 6.5 server.but I
> am getting the below error while configuring apache using "./configure
> --prefix=/home/NarneB/mw/apache-httpd-2.4.4/pcre". Can you please help
> me?

If you have an RH license I think you should have access to their RHSCL repository, which
includes apache 2.4 for RHEL-6. An update of that repository was announced earlier today.

If you want to continue to try to compile apache outside your OS's package management offerings
you may want to start by looking at the config.log, as suggested in last line your included
output:

  > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
  > See `config.log' for more details

as it will likely contain hints as to what went wrong.