httpd-users mailing list archives

From apa...@thva.dk
Subject [users@httpd] Weirdo intepretation of SSLprotocol order
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 12:54:00 GMT
hello,

So i have an apache 2.2.29 running Prefork on FreeBSD 64bit.

I have a number of vhosts included - one vhost per domain name. In any
of these vhost containers the SSLProtocol directive seems to be ignored,
but only the default vhost is dictating the SSLProtocol for all other
(this is ofcourse the first HTTPS enabled vhost container, which might
be relevant). Though documentation argues that its applicable per vhost,
and not only in server config.

For testing purpose, i use add the following to my sub-vhost:
         SSLProtocol             -ALL +TLSv1.2

But when the default vhost is configured as such:
         SSLProtocol             -ALL +TLSv1 +TLSv1.1 +TLSv1.2

- that final example is the only, thats used throughout the webserver.

I read in http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslprotocol,
that it should be applicable per virtual host.
The goal is to host some sites via TLS 1.2 only, and some other ones
only in TLS 1.1 for instance.

Does anyone else meet the same challenge or know how to resolve this ?

br
congo