httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve owen <ste...@talktalkbusiness.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Fwd: E tag numbers
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 16:16:56 GMT

Sirs,

Don't know if I'm following the correct protocol! This is the enquiry I sent Eric he
informed that I should join this format.

I would like an answer to the questions below if possible.

regards  Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: steve owen <stevio@talktalkbusiness.net>
To: webmaster@apache.org
Sent: Mon May 11  9:46
Subject: Fwd: E tag numbers

Dear Sirs,

Wonder if you could assist:-

I know that the majority of web sites/domains use Apache servers.

I'm currently tracking a number of Domains that are consistently using the Internet for
fraudulent purposes.

If a Domain uses Apache for it's server and a given E tag number, who provides the E tag ?

Is it allocated or purchased?

It would appear from my investigations that at least 5 Domains appear to be using the
identical E tag number, is this possible?  They also use the exact same Apache server
reference.

I can provide the details should you require for assistance. I do trust you can assist,
this is an extremely important matter, many thanks.

Kind regards

Steve Owen