httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject [users@httpd] How to use ScoreBoardFile?
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 18:27:23 GMT
I'm running Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) as prefork.

In my httpd.conf I have:

LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
ExtendedStatus On
ScoreBoardFile /home/bill/scoreboard.score

<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Allow from All
</Location>

I can then go to /server-status and see the scoreboard data just fine.

I'm running httpd as my own user, and it is creating a file, but it's only
8 bytes:

$ ls -l ~/scoreboard.score
-rw-rw-rw- 1 bill bill 8 May 19 11:11 /home/bill/scoreboard.score

And the file contains:

$ od -b ~/scoreboard.score
0000000 040 130 001 000 000 000 000 000
0000010

Which does not seem like it contains the scoreboard data.   And lsof on
either the parent or any child process doesn't show an open file to the
scoreboard.score file.

So, it appears that file is not being used.

The reason I want to do this is because at times the web server is at
MaxClients and can't access /server-status to see what request are using up
all the child processes.

I was looking to see if this Perl module would read the scoreboard file:

http://search.cpan.org/~opi/Apache2-ScoreBoardFile-0.01/lib/Apache2/ScoreBoardFile.pm

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org