httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kurtis Rader <kra...@skepticism.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help - 2.2 to 2.4 migration onto new server failing
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 03:45:59 GMT
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Cathy Fauntleroy <cathy.fauntleroy@vdtg.com
> wrote:
>
> I am having a very similar problem as you are experiencing and have (like
> you) tried many things in attempt to fix.  However, I did not build the
> server and was not aware of IIS-like services called by another name.
> Would
> you please tell me what the service is called?  I need see if it is
> installed on my Win 2012 server and, if it is, remove it.

Open a command window and run "netstat -a | more" and look for a line that
says ":80" (or ":443") and "LISTENING". If present it means there is a
process acting as a web server. If you have the necessary privileges you
should be able to run "netstat -a -b" to see the name of the process. Note
that I say this as someone who has almost no knowledge of MS-Windows (my
expertise is with UNIX like systems) but verified it with my MS-Windows
Vista virtual machine. There is probably a GUI (graphical user interface)
means of ascertaining the same data but I have no idea how to do so since I
generally prefer old-school CLI methods.

--
Kurtis Rader