httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Kurt.Brem...@allianz.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Httpd & Tomcat
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:15:04 GMT
Tomcat uses several ports. One of these is a standard HTML port that can be usefully accessed
with a browser. Since tomcat itself listens on this port, DO NOT USE it in httpd!

If you want to serve tomcat content via your apache(httpd), you need to use a connector (ie
mod_jk) and specify the correct connector port in workers.properties. You can find the example
for this in the mod_jk.conf in the conf/extra subdirectory of your apache tree.
The ports of tomcat can be found in conf/server.xml in the tomcat tree.

Kurt Bremser
AMOS Austria

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
________________________________
Von: Leon Vergottini [leonv@cornerstone.ac.za]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. April 2015 10:03
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: **SPAM?** [users@httpd] Httpd & Tomcat [wd-vc]

Dear All

I am trying to run Httpd and Apache together for the first time ever, however, I have been
unsuccessful in my endeavours.

I have to sites that point to the same server:

subdomain1.domain.com – normal HTML & PHP site
subdomain2.domain.com – tomcat servlet with an instance of Atlassian Confluence which connects
to port 8090

In the HTTPD conf file I the following:

Listen: 80
#Listen: 8090

<Directory />
     # AllowOverride none
     # Require all denied

    Options FollowSymLinks
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

ServerName:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ServerName:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx >
    DocumentRoot "/www/html
    ServerName subdomain1.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090>
    DocumentRoot "/opt/confluence/confluence"
    ServerName subdomain2.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

I am able to get the normal site, but not the tomcat instance.  Will it be possible to point
me in the right direction, please?

Kind Regards
Leon

AMOS Austria GmbH
1130 Wien, Hietzinger Kai 101-105
FN 365014k, Handelsgericht Wien
UID: ATU 66614737

http://www.allianz.at

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossene
Anhaenge zu loeschen.

Please note: This email and any files transmitted with it is
intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
the contents of this communication to others and notify the
sender immediately. Then please delete the email and any
copies of it. Thank you.