httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Berger, John" <John.Ber...@us.fujitsu.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Moving from 2.2 to 2.4
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:43:01 GMT
Hello,

We currently use Apache Httpd 2.2 and are migrating to 2.4 on new servers running on Windows.
We currently do an Ldap bind on certain locations and prompt for username and password to
allow Ldap users access. Our current config on 2.2 is as follows and works just the way we
want:

<Location /tpg>
               AuthType basic
               AuthBasicProvider ldap
               AuthName "Partners"
               SetHandler none
               Order deny,allow
               Deny from all
               Allow from all
               AuthLDAPURL ldap://servernameXXX.fnc.fujitsu.com:389/o=ldapnameXXX.fnc.fujitsu.com
               AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
               Require valid-user
</Location>

I tried this exact same code in the 2.4 config and it just keeps prompting for username and
password over and over. In looking at the documentation is saw that in 2.4 the Order deny,allow
was dropped in 2.4 unless you loaded mod_access_compat, which I have done so.  I have also
tried  the following:

<Location /tpg>
               AuthType basic
               AuthBasicProvider ldap
               AuthName "Partners"
               SetHandler none
               Require all denied
               Require all granted
               Require valid-user
               AuthLDAPURL ldap://servernameXXX.fnc.fujitsu.com:389/o=ldapnameXXX.fnc.fujitsu.com
               AuthLDAPBindAuthoritative off
</Location>

This lets anyone in no matter what. If I comment out the Require all granted, then it goes
back to prompting over and over and does not let me in.

Please help me understand what I am doing incorrect.

Thank You,

John