httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Performance Tuning document and minsparethreads maxsparethreads, etc.
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:32:32 GMT

On 04/10/2015 02:44 PM, Rose, John B wrote:
> We have gone through the Performance Tuning document and it seems the
> "Process Creation" section only addresses prefork MPM.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/misc/perf-tuning.html
>
> Is there a somewhat exhaustive Performance Tuning document addressing
> Process Creation settings for the Event MPM in 2.4?
>
> Also, for example, looking at the Apache MinSpareThreads documentation,
> I am not seeing anything specific to "Event" MPM.
>
> Any good resources for this information would be appreciated.

Yes, indeed, the performance tuning document is woefully out of date,
and could use a lot of love, particularly from people with real-world
recommendations. I'd love to see it completely rewritten, but, to date,
I have never run a website where this kind of performance tuning was
even necessary, so I lack the experience to do much more than describe
the performance-related configuration directives.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon