httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compile apache2.4 with mod_proxy_html/libxml2
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:24:01 GMT
Am 14.04.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Andre.Wendel@bmw.de:
> Hello,
>
> today I tried to compile the current apache 2.4.12 together with
> mod_proxy_html and xml2enc, but I ran into some problem with libxml2,
> which is currently not installed on the system and I’m not able to
> install the library in the system.
>
> So what I did was to compile libxml2 as shared library with
>
> ./configure --prefix=/<apache-folder>/libxml2 --enable-shared=yes
> --with-python=no
>
> After that I tried to build the apache with the following parameters:
>
> ./configure
>
> …
>
>    --enable-proxy-html \
>
>    --enable-xml2enc \
>
>    --with-libxml2=${apache_prefix}/libxml2

> I also tried the following:
>
> ./configure
>
> …
>
>    --enable-proxy-html \
>
>    --enable-xml2enc \
>
>    --with-libxml2 \
>
>    --with-libxml2-include=${apache_prefix}/libxml2/include \
>
>    --with-libxml2-lib=${apache_prefix}/libxml2/lib
>
> But every time the following error comes up,
>
> …
>
> checking whether to enable mod_deflate... shared
>
> checking whether to enable mod_xml2enc... checking dependencies
>
> checking for libxml2... checking for libxml2... no
>
> checking whether to enable mod_xml2enc... configure: error: mod_xml2enc
> has been requested but can not be built due to prerequisite failures
>
> …
>
> Does somebody have any idea, what is the problem or which configuration
> I need to set, so that I can build the apache with mod_proxy_html
> support. But I don’t need to install libxml2 on the system? Is there any
> additional compiler setting needed?

Try

    --with-libxml2=${apache_prefix}/libxml2/include/libxml2

(in my libxml2 installation all header files are in a directory
.../include/libxml2/libxml which should be the default layout of libxml2).

In addition set the following envvars:

MOD_XML2ENC_LDADD="-L${apache_prefix}/libxml2/lib
-R${apache_prefix}/libxml2/lib"

export MOD_XML2ENC_LDADD

MOD_PROXY_HTML_LDADD="-L${apache_prefix}/libxml2/lib
-R${apache_prefix}/libxml2/lib"

export MOD_PROXY_HTML_LDADD

(the -R is optional for setting the RUNPATH in the binary module file).

Regards,

Rainer