httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ethan Rosenberg <erosenb...@hygeiabiomedical.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Installation
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:36:35 GMT
On 04/14/2015 07:29 AM, Richard wrote:

> <snip>

Richard -

Thanks.

"you need to do basic troubleshooting -- we can't do it for you"

Totally agree.  However, in this case, I did not know what to do.  I am NOT an expert programmer.

Sorry for the questions that follow, but I am still in the dark....

-- have you reviewed your Apache configuration to be certain
           of where the "document root" of your "primary host" is?

Looked in Apache2.conf and did not see any reference to primary host or document root.

start.php is in /var/www

made the following change in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl.conf

DocumentRoot /var/www/

root@meow:/var/log# cat apache2/error.log
   <snip>'
[Tue Apr 14 00:51:10.502172 2015] [:error] [pid 7610] [client ::1:53486] script
'/var/www/html/start.php' not found or unable to stat

restarted Apache2

root@meow:/var/www# ls -l start.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 ethan ethan 1047 Mar 31 23:54 start.php
root@meow:/var/www# chmod 777  start.php
root@meow:/var/www# ls -l start.php
-rwxrwxrwx 1 ethan ethan 1047 Mar 31 23:54 start.php

403 error???

TIA

Ethan