httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Pipping <sebast...@pipping.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] StartSSL (not self-signed) cert but says "The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed"
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 19:32:56 GMT
On 06.04.2015 21:07, Victor Porton wrote:
>> How did you prepare those?
>> Did you follow the StartSSL steps on the website wizard and obtained
>> both of these files through downloading from their website?
>>
> I've obtained both the certificate and the key (which I have deciphered
> on my machine) from StartSSL.
>
> I have copy&pasted them from their site's control panel (if it is called
> control panel).

I just refound this screenshot story of the process:

https://github.com/ioerror/duraconf/tree/master/startssl#user-content-startssl

You could compare if anything went different for you, if you like.

> I've verified my cert for a domain (withoutvowels.org) not for an IP. So
> I wonder where "d1stkfactory" got from.

Have you tried

  fgrep -R d1stkfactory /etc

?

> Please explain how to disable SSLv3 in Apache.

That would be

  SSLProtocol             all -SSLv2 -SSLv3

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Server_Side_TLS#Apache

Best,

Sebastian