httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Cathy Fauntleroy" <cathy.fauntle...@vdtg.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .MSI Files?
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:33:47 GMT
I appreciate it, Yehuda!

Thanks…

Cathy Fauntleroy, Security+

Van Dyke Technology Group

Email:   <mailto:cathy.fauntleroy@vdtg.com> cathy.fauntleroy@vdtg.com

Office:  (443) 832-4768

From: Yehuda Katz [mailto:yehuda@ymkatz.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:48 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] .MSI Files?

There are no Apache committers who build Windows binaries.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#down

You can get binaries from other sources - I usually use ApacheLounge.

None of these source build an MSI of Apache by itself. The recommended installation method
is to download the zip, extract to a folder (best to not have spaces in the path) and run
"httpd.exe -k install" from an elevated Command Prompt.

- Y

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Cathy Fauntleroy <cathy.fauntleroy@vdtg.com <mailto:cathy.fauntleroy@vdtg.com>
> wrote:

Users,

Why can’t I find a .msi for any version except Apache 2.2.24 w/OpenSSL 0.9.8?  I’ve looked
at so many sites that my eyes are tired.  If anyone can tell me where I can locate one for
download and install on my Windows 2008 server, you have no idea how much I would appreciate
it!

Thanks…

Cathy Fauntleroy