httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Jensen (ConAgra Foods)" <Joe.Jen...@conagrafoods.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Dates in httpd.conf?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:49:16 GMT
Can anybody tell me a good way to include a date in the apache configuration?  For various
reasons I’m trying to avoid |’s to logrotate and want the date in a logfile’s name.
 I’m really hoping to put the date into an apache variable I can use within the config.

A prior install involved running sed commands to update the config files on apache startup
(!!) which I’m trying to get rid of.

Define DATE ??

Joe Jensen
(402)-240-3645
Host Services

From: Mike Rumph [mailto:mike.rumph@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:54 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Only apache 2.4 installed in /usr works fine but not in "/usr/local/apache2"
please help me.

Hello Padmahas,

The problem is probably due to the issues listed in your other email thread:
"sudo: apachectl: command not found"

Thanks,

Mike Rumph
On 3/31/2015 4:08 AM, Padmahas Bn wrote:
I noticed that apr installed without --prefix option installs apr to /usr/local by default.
I also noticed apr-utils requires "--with-apr=/usr/local/apr" option to configure.
And another thing is apache2.4 installed with "--prefix=/usr" option will install inside /usr
path, merging things with already existing folders and creating folders which doesn't exist.
And the installation which is only made this way is working fine and I can see result in 127.0.0.1.
Can some one explain why I cannot start server from /usr/local/apache2 ?
Please help me.