httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Decompress requests using mod_deflate and uset Content-Encoding header
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:00:09 GMT
Wrong header...

     RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding

is the way to stop the backend compressing the request...

On 09/03/2015 14:57, Dennis.Lunardi@t-systems.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems using mod_deflate to decompress requests.
>
> I am using a apache 2.4 as a reverse proxy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release
6.4 (Santiago). Within this apache I have to decompress requests and compress the answers.
> To do this for some specific requests I defined a location:
> <Location /web-services>
>    SetInputFilter DEFLATE
>    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
> </Location>
> I got the result, that the request have been decompressed, but the header Content-Encoding
gzip is still set causing problems on the next server.

> So I removed the Content-Encoding header using mod_headers:
> <Location /web-services>
>    RequestHeader unset Content-Encoding
>    SetInputFilter DEFLATE
>    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
>    Header set Content-Encoding gzip
> </Location>
> As a result in the request the Content-Encoding is not set anymore. But the request is
still compressed.
> The manual of mod_deflate says that only requests with the header Content-Encoding gzip
are decompressed. So it seems that mod_headers is executed before mod_deflate.

> So basically either the decompression is done and the header is not changed or the header
is changed but the decompression is not done.