httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] building httpd 2.4 on windows x64
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:41:28 GMT
I hate coming across mail threads in google without some amount of
helpful detail in a "final" summary post.  So here's that, in case
someone else in the future runs across this hopefully this will be helpful:

Here's how I built everything:
openssl - as mentioned previously in the thread, was unable to get cmake
to detect openssl 1.0.2:
perl Configure VC-WIN64A --prefix=$PREFIX
ms/do_win64a.bat
nmake -f ms/ntdll.mak
nmake -f ms/ntdll.mak test
nmake -f ms/ntdll.mak install

zlib:
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DAMD64=ON $ZLIB_SRCDIR
nmake
nmake test
nmake install

note: zlib with AMD64 on fails to link. This is currently not fixed as
of 1.2.8. There is a fix in github:
https://github.com/madler/zlib/pull/72

pcre:
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON
-DPCRE_BUILD_PCRECPP=OFF -DPCRE_BUILD_PCREGREP=OFF -DPCRE_SUPPORT_UTF=ON
$PCRE_SRCDIR
nmake
nmake test
nmake install

apr:
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DAPR_INSTALL_PRIVATE_H=ON $APR_SRCDIR
nmake
nmake install

apr-util:
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX
-DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=$PREFIX -DAPU_HAVE_CRYPTO=ON
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo $APRUTIL_SRCDIR
nmake
nmake install

httpd:
cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DENABLE_MODULES=i $HTTPD_SRCDIR
nmake
nmake install

$PREFIX is the same location

And yes, $PREFIX not %PREFIX%. My build script is a bash script :)

This is much much much more reproducible and automatable than the visual
studio build process.

Couple of caveats:
I could not get apr to build the apr-1.pdb file with cmake 3.1.3

nmake test in pcre stack overflows with any version of cmake newer than
2.8.10.2. I didn't bother to figure out why as 2.8.10.2 works fine for me.