httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Dennis.Luna...@t-systems.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Decompress requests using mod_deflate and uset Content-Encoding header
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:57:49 GMT
Hi,

I have some problems using mod_deflate to decompress requests.

I am using a apache 2.4 as a reverse proxy on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4
(Santiago). Within this apache I have to decompress requests and compress the answers.
To do this for some specific requests I defined a location:
<Location /web-services>
  SetInputFilter DEFLATE
  SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</Location>
I got the result, that the request have been decompressed, but the header Content-Encoding
gzip is still set causing problems on the next server.

So I removed the Content-Encoding header using mod_headers:
<Location /web-services>
  RequestHeader unset Content-Encoding
  SetInputFilter DEFLATE
  SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
  Header set Content-Encoding gzip
</Location>
As a result in the request the Content-Encoding is not set anymore. But the request is still
compressed.
The manual of mod_deflate says that only requests with the header Content-Encoding gzip are
decompressed. So it seems that mod_headers is executed before mod_deflate.

So basically either the decompression is done and the header is not changed or the header
is changed but the decompression is not done.
Is there any way to decompress the request and remove the Content-Encoding gzip header?

Regards,
Dennis