httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] building httpd 2.4 on windows x64
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:11:14 GMT
On 02/27/2015 02:25 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I'd start over, use only the CLI, and always invoke cmake from a script
> (e.g., .cmd file) that has the options you're using so you always know
> how you last ran it.
>
> Here's how I build apr-util:
>
> cd fresh build dir
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\install-path -G "NMake Makefiles"
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DAPU_HAVE_CRYPTO=ON (other
> uninteresting options) c:\path-to-apr-util-sources

Before I continue, I'd like to say thanks for the help.  The handful of
to look at for this and I appreciate it.

That said, I'm an idiot.  I jumped the gun and was trying to use openssl
1.0.2.

I switched to openssl 1.0.1l and it just worked.

I did find another problem.  I decided to try cmake 3.1.3 too just to
see.  Its generated Makefiles for apr didn't build apr-1.pdb.
Backed down to 2.8.10.2 and all good.

So something is broken there.

But now I have openssl, pcre, apr, apr-util all figured out.  zlib
(which doesn't have an install target - should be easy enough to figure
out manually) and httpd left to build.

Thanks again.
Andy