httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Peters" <mpet...@domblogger.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache modifying headers from php
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:18:35 GMT
Hi,

I have a php wrapper to js / css files

I use mod_rewrite to have the wrapper handle the request.

I then set the cache rules in php via

header('Cache-Control: max-age=' . $this->maxage);

Apache however then serves it as

Cache-Control: max-age=31557600, max-age=0

It seems most clients do the right thing but...

Apache is also adding an Expires header w/ current timestamp,
over-ridden by the max-age I know, but I'd rather it not be there.

I want Apache to send max-age=0 for most php content, but not for the
JS/CSS wrapper content.

How do tell apache not to?

I do have mod_expires active but I am only using that for images and
multimedia served by php, I do not know if mod_expires is doing this or
apache itself.

Thanks for suggestions.

CentOS 7 with stock CentOS build of apache but php 5.6.x