httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <denni...@conversis.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] preferred web log analysis software?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:05:41 GMT
On 12.02.2015 20:38, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting "Rose, John B" <jbrose@utk.edu>:
>
>> Do you have a preferred web log analysis software?
>
> I use webalyzer but it depends a lot on what you are looking at, how
> many computers, and so on. logstash looks good, but doesn't fit my use
> case.

Webalizer isn't really actively developed anymore for a long time now.

Logstash and Kibana (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) are general log
analyzing solutions which makes them flexible but also means they are
not good for access log analysis unless you want to invest a lot of work
into configuring them for this use-case.

My recommendation if you want to rely purely on log file analysis would
be AWStats which is basically a better version of Webalizer:
http://www.awstats.org/

The other way is to use Piwik: http://piwik.org/what-is-piwik/
This approach doesn't analyze your log files but instead requires you to
insert tags into your web pages and works very much like Google Analytics.

Regards,
   Dennis