httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dr James Smith <...@sanger.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Any Comparisons? -- mod_wl vs mod_proxy vs mod_jk
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 08:18:22 GMT

We used mod_jk for ages and have recently flipped back to mod_proxy for
our java/tomcat apps, we found that we had connectivity issues with
mod_jk - if the connection between apache/tomcat is severed then mod_jk
did not always work cleanly - and subsequent requests would just hang.
mod_proxy didn't have the problem.

The problem showed it self when we started segregating machines into
virtual firewall zones - so traffic between machines was controlled.

It does mean that we don't have as easy a load-balanced setup  -
although we do send the requests back through our front-end load
balancers and this seems effective.

James

---