httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin Campbell <Colin.Campb...@asidua.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Perl Logging
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:54:22 GMT
Hi,

I have upgraded to Apache 2.2.22 on a Debian 7 VM. I have just installed it using apt-get
and not made any config changes except to add my VirtualHost

<VirtualHost *:8001 *:80>

    ServerName devintegration.ie

    ServerAlias devintegration.ie

    DocumentRoot /sites/integration/development/docs

    ScriptAlias /console/ /sites/integration/development/console/

    ErrorLog /sites/logs/devintegration.ie-error_log

    CustomLog /sites/logs/devintegration.ie-access_log common

</VirtualHost>

The behavior I was used to was that any Perl errors or warns appeared in the error log specified
in the virtual host. The behavior I'm now getting is that the Perl errors go to the common
Apache log in /var/log/apache2 directory and the virtual host log just contains "Premature
end of script headers".

I've done some googling on this but most of the results are about mod_perl. I did find this
page and the last comment suggests that there was a change to how this works but no information
was given as to whether it could be changed. Apache Log Forum<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html>
"Any information written to stderr by a CGI script will be copied directly to the error log."

Is there a way to configure apache to direct Perl errors and warns to the error log specified
in virtual host?

The previous Apache version I was using was 2.2.15.

Regards

Colin