httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Andre.Wen...@bmw.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Execution order of directives within Apache 2.4
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:33:32 GMT

Hello everybody,

I was searching for a description of the exection order of directives and configurations within
the apache and I wasn't able to find the documentation about that? E.g. I know that ReverseProxy
rules will be executed in the order from top down, also virtual hosts and filters, but I wasn't
able to find out what the execution order is if I have e.g. virtual hosts configured and rewrite
rules within the main configuration?

Are there general rules, like the overall order inside the httpd.conf, or the execution is
based on the order the single corresponding modules are loaded?

Thanks in advance & best regards,
André