httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy pass
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:21:26 GMT
On Jan 21, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Rodrigo Cunha <rodrigo.root.rj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> what is your enviroment layout ?
> SSL which webproxy or ssl in apache withou webproxy?

Not sure I understand your second question but I will see if the answer to your first question
is of any help:

1 internet facing Apache 2.2.12 server. This server answers ports 80 and 443 requests. The
servers behind it run various web apps so the Internet facing server needs to reverse proxy
to the servers behind it.

We are upgrading the OS on the Internet facing server: from sles 11 sp3 with Apache 2.2.12
to sles 12 with Apache 2.4.10 by first installing sles 12 on a spare server in order to keep
production server up. Now I am trying to get the reverse proxies in place. This particular
one needs to take https://share2.domain.tld and proxy to a tomcat app located at https://share2.domain.tld:8443/share