httpd-users mailing list archives

From ghalvor...@hushmail.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting: One website doesn't work.
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 17:00:36 GMT
I'm not sure what you are asking.  No, it doesn't work.  That was the one I demonstrated in
telnet.  I did not get my screen filled with HTML, instead I got an error message.

I actually copied the conf file from a working website and only renamed the ServerName and
DocumentRoot, noting else.  The directory, and all subdirectories have the same ownership.

How come I can host seven different websites and have one that fails, even though their conf
files differ only in the DocumentRoot and ServerName.  IT seems unusual.  I wouldn't think
that I'm hosting too many websites, but 7 is (2^3)-1.  Just kidding there, but sometimes I
wonder.