httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rainer M. Canavan" <rainer.cana...@sevenval.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache crashes on Qualys Scan
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:25:38 GMT

On Dec 5, 2014, at 12:07 , "Kannan Narayanasamy -X (kannanar - HCL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at
Cisco)" <kannanar@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> While scanning the ports using Qualys  scanner, Apache process is crashing. We can add
the corresponding port in the exclude list but in customer scenario is not possible to exclude
those ports from scanning. Is there any option is available to recover from this crashing.

> Apache Details:
> --------------------
> Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Win32)
> Server built:   Apr 11 2012 12:17:10
>
> Can anyone help us on this part to resolve the issue?

try getting a live backtrace of the crash, or a core dump and
analyze that:

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

There are some configuration options that can cause crashes in certain
configurations, e.g. "EnableMMAP on", but I don't know if Windows would
be affected by this.

rainer