httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yuri <y...@rawbw.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache breaks connections after requests
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:16:46 GMT
I have a question about the situation that happens with Apache with
Wikimedia app.
In short, Apache begins to break connections when there are many
concurrent requests.
(Here is the bug report that I created for wikipedia
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T85191).
Connections are broken after http request is complete, but 'Connection:
keep-alive' has been set by the server in the last response.

I view this a violation of RFC2616 because server breaks connection
without letting the client know.

My questions are:
What could be misconfigured in Apache? Or maybe this is considered
normal that it breaks connections?
Is there an option that Apache slows down clients without disconnecting
in case of congestion?

Yuri