httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gil Dawson <...@GilDawson.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Copy of httpd.confg
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 22:27:25 GMT
Where can I get an approximate copy of the httpd.conf file that was (probably) released with
Version 2.2.24 (Unix)?

I'm looking at the httpd.conf file on my MacBook Pro (that I assume was delivered with MacOS
10.6.8), and some of the comments (#) don't make sense.  I'd like to compare my file against
a version of this file as delivered from Apache.

The commands themselves seem to work; it's just the comments I suspect may have been changed
from what was originally written.

Example:

	From someone else's machine (of unknown versionity):

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
# of the server’s control files begin with “/” (or “drive:/” for Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path. If the filenames do *not* begin
# with “/”, the value of ServerRoot is prepended — so “logs/foo.log”
# with ServerRoot set to “/usr/local/apache2″ will be interpreted by the
# server as “/usr/local/apache2/logs/foo.log”.

The first paragraph makes sense to me.

	From my machine (Version 2.2.24):

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
# of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path.  If the filenames do *not* begin
# with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so "/private/var/log/apache2/foo_log"
# with ServerRoot set to "/usr" will be interpreted by the
# server as "/usr//private/var/log/apache2/foo_log".

The second, not so much.

The new file names don't fit the file system structure as implemented.
Why would Apple change the examples?

--Gil