httpd-users mailing list archives

From "georg chambert" <georg.chamb...@telia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache make fedora go into corner
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:52:29 GMT
Hi James,

well, no, traffic hasn't been very intense, and the machines only task is to be a server,
the number  of accesses
(at least in logg) is quite limited, some hundred at maximum, is there a way to  check "post-mortem"
?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dr James Smith
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache make fedora go into corner

  On 27/12/2014 13:21, georg chambert wrote:

    Hi, have for a bit of time had trouble with my server PC running Fedora Os and Apache.

    After some time it goes into non-communicatable mode, does not take any input whatsover,
    hard shutdown is only way to get out. It can be 24hours and it can be 14days of running
before this happes.
    While if  the httpd is not active the machine has no issues.

    So where do I look to find answers; short look in access_log for servere does not give
any specific clues to what
    happens, possibly because the "hard takedown" of the machine the file is not closed properly
?

  Have you checked top regularly to see if you are running the machine out of memory.

    Any suggestions ?

    Georg

  -- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity
registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number
2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.