httpd-users mailing list archives

From SÅ‚awomir Kluz <slawomir.k...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 2.4 on windows and mod_proxy_ajp tcp connection pool confusion
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:09:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the latest windows apache 2.4 (provided by apachelounge)
together with tomcat 7 connected using mod_proxy_ajp. No custom
configuration, just enabling mod_proxy, mod_proxy_ajp and define:

ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/
ProxyPassReverse / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/

After opening http://localhost/ by browser, I see on console (netstat
-an) that few TCP connections with TIME_WAIT status are listed (from
httpd to tomcat, ie. 127.0.0.1:56233->127.0.0.1:8009). After
refreshing the page again, new connections appears. And after 4
minutes (windows default timeout: TcpTimedWaitDelay), there are
destroyed. In extreme, number of TCP connection will exceed windows
limit (by default it's ~14K). I confirmed that by sending lots of
request to apache one by one.

I have check the same scenario using apache 2.2 on windows, and with
apache 2.4 on linux. It works it different way. Httpd creates few
connections to tomcat and reuse them. They have ESTABLISHED status.

Is it a bug in windows apache 2.4? How to force it to use the poll? I
have tried with different ProxyPass parameters but without success.

Cheers!

s.