httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] questions and suggestions related to authentication
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:42:30 GMT
On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Don Cohen <don-apache@isis.cs3-inc.com> wrote:
> Eric Covener writes:
>  > On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Don Cohen <don-apache@isis.cs3-inc.com>
wrote:
>  > > However, I also am surprised that I don't see some more general module
>  > > that allows the user to write his own script for authentication.
>  >
>  > FastCGI scripts can perform authentication.  Lua scripts can too.
>
> How does this work with the facilities described in
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/auth.html
> I don't see any mention of them in that page.

Since they allow you to interact with Apache roughly as if you had
written a module in C, I think they'd each show up in multiple
sections of "Related Modules and Directives".   It seems like
mod_authnz_fastcgi would be applicable in every section, but Lua would
be omitted from the middle section (IIUC).

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com