httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Julien Etter" <julien.et...@juno.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Basic allow/deny based on cookies
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:54:18 GMT
A better approach would be to use Client Certificate Authentication / Access
Control

  _____

From: Santiago DIEZ [mailto:santiago.diez@caoba.fr]
Sent: 05 November 2014 09:01
To: Apache HTTP Users LIST
Subject: [users@httpd] Basic allow/deny based on cookies

Hello,

Note: I'm a system administrator and I don't know that much about web
developement. So I host what others develop.

I'm trying to setup a web server with an application like this :

/var/www/public

*	It would be publicly accessible. Meaning any computer can load the
content and I leave it to the php developer to control access within that
directory.
*	I know how to do that. It's just a basic web server.

/var/www/exhibition

*	It has to be accessible only to specific computers located in an
exhibition room.
*	I cannot rely on the ip address because the exhibition will move
from place to place.
*	I need to avoid any manual authentication because people will
probably mess around with the computers and access to the web application
has to resume as soon as the computer is restarted. No one should have to
enter a password.
*	Then I had the idea that it could be a cookie file that I store in
each authorized workstations. There's a security issue in the sense that one
could somehow transfer the cookie file to his system and hence get access to
the private area. But we're not that concerned and we're not dealing with
nuclear material anyway. So no big deal.

Questions

*	Is my idea considerable ?
*	I've read documentation of mod_access_compat
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_access_compat.html>  and
mod_usertrack <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_usertrack.html>  but
I don't see how to make them work together. Can anyone point me in the right
direction ?
*	I'm open to other suggestions given they fall into the constraints I
mentioned above.

Thanks for your help

Regards

-------------------------
Santiago DIEZ

<https://docs.google.com/a/caoba.fr/uc?id=0B0zheqBR5b4-NGFlNzI0MDQtMGZiZi00N
GZkLWJjOGItZjU0YWE4NDE2MWYw>
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsantiago.news.free.fr%2Flogo.png&s
a=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfmW2Io3OI5IqEGiVeDRebZgD4TaQ>
Quark Systems & CAOBA
23 rue du Buisson Saint-Louis, 75010 Paris