httpd-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Angeswar <deepak.anges...@lombardrisk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Query on Apache Http Server for WebDAV
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:34:46 GMT

All,
I am attempting to use WebDAV ('Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning') functionality
for Apache Http.
I have installed Http server. The httpd.conf has been modified as
DavLockDB /usr/local/apache2/var/DavLock
<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/CREF>
Require all granted
Dav On

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Files"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/passwords
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/groups
Require group GroupName
</Directory>
User/Passwords are stored in passwords file, multiple users are added under groups.
After starting the Http server, I can see the designated folder
http://{FQDN}:8080/CREF/<http://%7bFQDN%7d:8080/CREF/>
However when I access the above link in browser - I can see that I am able to access the directory
/CREF.
I am also able to map this to a network drive in my Windows machine.
However I see the following issues
1.     I am not asked to authenticate - i.e. I am not asked to enter username/password
2.     I can get files out of the folder /CREF but not able to copy into the folder /CREF
3.
Can someone review the httpd.conf changes I had mentioned above?
regards,

This e-mail together with any attachments (the "Message") is confidential and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this Message from your system.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution or use of this Message is strictly forbidden.