httpd-users mailing list archives

From dE <de.tec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot get certificate chain to work.
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:45:44 GMT
On 10/08/14 21:36, Eric Covener wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM, dE <de.techno@gmail.com
> <mailto:de.techno@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     intermediate.pem must get installed automatically in the browsers
>     (at least in FF), but instead these browsers don't see the
>     certificate.
>

> ‚ÄčNo, servers are expected to transmit the intermediate certificates.

Yes, they get installed automatically after it's transmitted by the server.

Try a fresh FF profile. It'll not have any Microsoft (or MSIT)
certificates. Open Microsoft.com and you'll get a bunch of Microsoft
certificates installed in your certificate manager.

Actually the problem is with intermediate.pem. I can't install it in any
of the web browser under the issuer.pem certificate. But openSSL says
it's 'verified'.

This problem is out of scope of Apache.