httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jakov Sosic <jso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Too many vhosts?!?!
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 13:16:14 GMT
On 10/06/2014 03:06 PM, Tom Evans wrote:

> Why do you think it has anything to do with httpd? This is firmly a
> "When I do things with PHP, PHP doesn't work .... therefore httpd has
> a problem" type diagnosis.

I'm sorry that I pointed my finger at httpd. It could be anything in the
chain (HW - kernel - httpd - php ...).

I just asked here because I though people would have ideas how can I
debug this further. I'm sorry if I upset anyone with my post. That was
not my intention.

> The first thing I would suggest is asking on a PHP list why using a
> memcached session backend stops working with large numbers of clients.

There isn't a large number of clients, it's only a large number of
vhosts - which translates in large number of FDs in use.

> The second thing I would suggest is not running mod_php (I am
> assuming; you don't mention, but you are stracing httpd to see PHP's
> select()s...) but run php-fpm, which separates out PHP from httpd. It
> also performs a lot better.

I will take a look into it, thanx.