httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lesley Kimmel <ljkimme...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 RewriteRule/Proxypass and general processing flow
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:31:47 GMT
Ok, thanks for that. Can you explain a little more about that?

I did see some stuff but didn't fully grasp it. I did try the same rules with the preceding
'/' which is apparently how one would do it at the server level, but that didn't seem to make
a difference. How do I change the context of my rules to exist at the server level?

Thanks again,
-Kimmel

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:26:10 -0400
From: covener@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 RewriteRule/Proxypass and general processing flow

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Lesley Kimmel <ljkimmel99@hotmail.com> wrote:
This leads me to believe that proxypass takes precedence over RewriteRule, can you confirm
this?
​Depends on the context of your RewriteRules. Yours imply <directory> or htaccess
which runs later.  ProxyPass happens before (instead of) the URL has been mapped to any directory.​
--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com