httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AJP Errors?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:59:14 GMT
Am 03.09.2014 um 23:23 schrieb Smith, Burton:
> [...]

But building mod_jk is very
>> simple.
>>
>> - You need to have gcc installed
>> - You need to have httpd and the httpd headers (httpd-dev?) installed
>>
>> - Then you download the source release from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi.
Current version
>> is 1.2.40.
>>
>> - You extract the tarball and change into sub directory "native".
>>
>> - You run "./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/my/apxs" where you replace /ath/to/my/apxs
with the full path to your
>> httpd apxs (or apxs2) command
>>

> I'm hung up on apxs.  I can't find one.  Where should I look next?

Whoever provided you httpd should also provide you with the apxs script.
Most Linux distros put it into an additional httpd-devel or
apache2-devel or similar package. The script is sometimes names apxs2
instead of apxs. Often it is installed in /usr/sbin if Apche is
installed into the OS platform, or in the Apache bin directory if Apache
has a completely separate installation directory.

Regards,

Rainer