httpd-users mailing list archives

From dE <de.tec...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Understanding Apache Mutex directive.
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 05:10:20 GMT
Hi.

I was reading this --

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/core.html#mutex

Quoting what's written here --
> Specify |default| as the first argument to change the settings for all
> mutexes
As we know mutex is a mechanism; it appears Apache has settings for each
mutex it implements.

> specify a mutex name (see table below) as the first argument to
> override defaults only for that mutex.

So the table starting with 'The following table documents....' lists all
the mechanisms. But before the table there exists a list with the
heading 'The following mutex mechanisms are available:'.

So I don't understand which one of these is the mutex mechanism.

Also the statement --

> specify a mutex name (see table below) as the first argument to
> override defaults only for that mutex.

Contradicts the examples --

> Mutex  sysvsem default
> Mutex  fcntl:/var/httpd/locks mpm-accept

Where the entries in the table are not the first argument, instead the
list starting with 'The following mutex mechanisms are available:' is.

Thanks for any clarification.